Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hemingway Found in Spanish Language Textbook


Exercise: Translate the following:

1. The waiter gave them a table near the window. He asked the waiter for bread, butter, and a cup of coffee. First, the waiter brought him a glass of water. Again, he told the waiter what he wanted.

2. "I don't know why Pedro doesn’t serve us," he said. "This waiter, he repeats each sentence twice. The water he brought me, I can’t drink.”

"What are we going to do now?" she asked.

"I’m going to smoke a cigar and read the newspaper. There's a story about today's bulls."

The waiter brought him what he wanted. He read the newspaper then they went home.

3. He asked her for a glass of milk and some bread and cheese.

"I ate all the vegetables the waiter brought me," she said.

"Did you talk to the landlord about the rent?" he asked.

"I had to tell the truth," she said. She wanted to tell him something else, but she couldn't.

4. He met her in a restaurant. From time to time he gives her money. They had to buy her a Spanish/English dictionary.



No comments:

Post a Comment